Currently seeking a Principal Scientist to join a growing team.
Process, Research, and Development role working with clients to transform initial chemical entities to pilot scale through commercialization. Generate novel ideas that lead and establish company as a leader in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) development.. Serve as Technical Expert in their field to staff and Business Development.
- Process, research and development activities for client projects.
- Full scale and pilot scale work for client projects (GMP and non-GMP)
- Development as industry leader in API
- Prepares reports on laboratory and pilot plant and analytical work.
- Solves problems related to the conduct of chemical experiments.
- Recommends and implements creative approaches to processes supporting project objectives.
- Reads current literature and remains abreast of technological developments useful in reaching site objectives.
- Establishes and maintains priorities for work in support of project objectives.
- Clearly communicates timely reports of experimental work as needed to meet project objectives.
- Participates in discussions and exercises good chemical judgment to help establish valid scientific direction on projects.
- Maintains work environment and technical communications within the framework of OSHA, cGMP, and safety regulations.
- Independently designs and carries out chemical experiments and/or patents on synthesis schemes.
- Understands and works in compliance with all cGMP, OSHA and safety regulations, BOPs and SOPs.
- Accurately records and reports experiments and scientific findings.
- Support activities for projects such as SOP writing, EH&S assessments and team meetings, supervisory work, other duties as required
Education:Ph.D. in chemistry or related field.
Experience: Experience with new formulation development work, laboratory scale work, notebook practices and design of experiments and statistics.
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Strong knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP). Expert knowledge of laboratory instrumentation and/or operations equipment. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to drive functional, technical and operational excellence. Ability to inspire and foster innovation, collaboration, transparency and team effectiveness.