This position provides high quality engineering services to support the short and long
term needs of the company. The Senior Project Engineer manages large capital
projects through all phases of multiple engineering projects or manufacturing process
activities and does so in a timely and cost effective manner. The Senior Project
Engineer will coordinate the services of both internal and external engineering and
technical groups for the division. The services provided require significant project
management skills and utilize superior technology and techniques to achieve high
standards of quality and efficiency.
- Manage the company in all aspects of multiple complex engineering projects/assignments, including coordinating with Architectural and Engineering firms in developing design criteria, preparing design documents, preparing bid documents and contracts for construction, reviewing bid proposals and selecting contractors.
- Manage all aspects of project commissioning activities.
- Duties include managing customer, projects, validation projects, safety inspection and verification, planning staff training, determining operating requirements and writing procedures, equipment Installation and Qualification, Process Qualification planning for and participation in regulatory inspections, computer setup, selection and supervision of technical, professional or operative staff, etc.
- Review customer RQF for technical feasibility and provide high level capital cost estimates for customer bid proposals in a timely manner. Provide technical support for customer projects and technology transfer.
- Provide technical support to Production on process improvement, deviations and audits items.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the group by ensuring the preparation of performance plans, job descriptions, and conducting employee performance reviews.
- This includes hiring, rewarding and disciplining staff as required, providing an environment that fosters teamwork and assigning responsibility and accountability at proper levels.
- Provide guidance to staff in technical and management issues.
- Application of all local and international engineering standards and principles for compliance.
- Works under unlimited supervision. Follows established methods, techniques or procedures without modification. Selects from several alternative courses of action to deal with variations in methods, conditions, or processes.
- Work should not need to be reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Failure to achieve results can cause large expenditures, production delays or possible personal injury.
- Analyze project requirements and develop a scope of work based upon broad
- engineering principles and established methods in the industry, which is consistent with current international and internal standards and specifications.
- Fulfill approved equipment requirements, selection, and modifications to allow for new and improved processes and to meet processing and technology changes.
- Identify, select, and optimize alternatives to improve quality, yield, cycle time, and cost.
- Facilitate in-house training programs specific to the interfacing of the user with the equipment and to provide understanding the basic principles of processes and technologies.
- Ensure all cGMPs, safety practices, applicable codes, engineering standards, laws and insurance requirements are met in the design, construction, start up and qualification of assigned projects.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
- Comply with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Senior Level
-BS in Electrical Engineering or production related discipline plus 6 years relevant experience
-Arc Flash experience preferred (not required)
-Experience managing projects in excess of $750k.
Qualifications for Junior Level
-BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
-2-5 years in cgmp
-Large Capital Experience