Apex Life Sciences is currently recruiting for an immediately available Customer Service Sample Receiving Technician for the Columbus, Ohio area.
Tues-Saturday 8:30AM-5:00 PM, with some Overtime
Pay Rate $12.50
Purpose of Job:
The incumbent is responsible for sample/data entry, assignment of test codes, expedient release of sample to operations for analysis and laboratory shipping.This position is responsible for providing personalized support and quality service to the clients of the laboratory.
1. Receive and log in sample in preparation for analysis. Review sample and any attached documentation to assign identification number and enter information into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). Prepare documentation as necessary.
2. Contact client, when necessary, to obtain and clarify missing or unclear information to ensure that identification of client code, test code, and sample contents are accurate.
3. Store sample in appropriate manner until analysis is completed and appropriately dispose of extra sample. Ensure sample integrity is maintained.
4. Prepare packages for pick up by shipping vendors. Follow appropriate procedures to send packages and maintain all related documentation.
5. Prepare sample to be shipped to other testing facilities when necessary. Complete appropriate documentation and file accordingly.
6. May assist client service personnel with the development of customized client reports. Activities include: collection of data, analysis of data, and development of report.
7. May assist laboratory personnel with the preparation and analysis of sample.
8. Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
9. This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
10. Perform other related duties as needed.
Knowledge & Skill:
This position requires a basic knowledge of computer operation skills to manipulate keyboard while entering incoming sample information into the LIMS. A basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry is helpful to effectively assign proper sample and test codes. A broad knowledge of personal computer software and data entering skills is necessary to input data into the LIMS and generate special reports. Organizational skills are required to keep track of all sample and documentation. Time management skills are useful to ensure that sample is quickly prepared for testing. Written and oral communication skills are essential to obtain or clarify test instructions with clients. General office skills are useful to complete faxing, filing, and other related duties for the department.
The incumbent performs routine tasks in sample receiving and addresses problems according to established procedures. The incumbent must review sample documentation to determine adequacy and appropriateness of information provided. Information is frequently missing or unclear. Problems can be addressed with the help of the supervisor, client contact, previous testing practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
Decision Making or Recommendations:
The incumbent routinely makes decisions on the accuracy and adequacy of sample information and documentation to determine if sample can be processed accurately and turned over to operations for testing. If sample information is questionable, the incumbent seeks information from the supervisor or the client. Unique or unusual difficulties generally require the input of the supervisor to determine a solution. Decisions impact the accuracy and timeliness of conducting the test.
The incumbent receives regular supervision. The incumbent is responsible for accurately coding the client sample according to the desired test and inputting the necessary information into the LIMS. The incumbent works toward specific goals and objectives established by the supervisor.
The incumbent has regular contact with the client to verify information or obtain missing information so that analysis procedure can begin. Regular contact with operations and client service personnel is necessary to locate client sample.
The incumbent works in a laboratory setting with proper temperature and lighting control. Occasional exposure to laboratory fumes, chemicals, and materials will occur when in the laboratory. Must lift sample packages ranging from 10-50 pounds to complete job tasks.
The incumbent can expect extended time spent in a standing position. Physical dexterity is necessary to effectively manipulate a keyboard. The incumbent may work in a laboratory environment that requires the wearing of a mask, laboratory coat, and insulated gloves.
If interested, please apply online at: www.apexlifesciences.com and email firstname.lastname@example.org